Join our team
Check here for Job Announcements and opportunities for employment at Central Lutheran Church.
Director of Music Ministries
Central Lutheran Church is seeking a dynamic leader and musician to serve as our next Director of Music Ministries. We are seeking an individual with an understanding of music as an aspect of God’s presence in the world and the leadership abilities to communicate this joy to the members of our community. The successful candidate will possess a broad skill set as well as knowledge and interest in a widely diverse range of music. In addition, we are looking for someone with flexibility and a strong interest in encouraging worship participants of all ages and abilities. This position reports to the Pastor of the congregation, is accountable to the Church Council, and works collaboratively with Central’s Worship Committee to ensure that Central’s music program is in alignment with our Mission and Vision for Ministry.
PART-TIME: .75 FTE (30 hours per week)
For detailed description of responsibilities, expectations, compensation range, and application procedure, please download the full position description HERE.
This position will be held open until filled. We are currently encouraging applicants to send materials at their earliest convenience.
Child Care Provider Opportunity Available
Schedule: 10 am to noon Sunday mornings, occasional additional hours as negotiated
Goal: To provide a safe, caring and fun environment for young children (age range approximately 0 to 5) in Central’s child care area so that parents/guardians can focus on worship or otherwise be engaged in church activities.
- Provide a safe, caring environment for all children in your care. Supervise children’s activities.
- Arrive 15 minutes before children are expected to arrive.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in child care area. (Includes washing toys, cleaning sinks, counters and other surfaces when spoiled during play. The park is generally maintained by a cleaning service.)
- Openly communicate concerns to Personnel Committee chair or Pastor, as appropriate.
- Use sign-in/sign-out for all children. Obtain parent/guardian signature for all children. Obtain appropriate information regarding food allergies and/or other concerns. Release children only to parent/guardian.
- The Child Care Provider may be invited to work at times other than for Sunday service. Requests should be made at least one week in advance. (ex. Midweek services, additional Easter services, Christmas Eve, etc)
Schedule and supervision:
- Sunday morning from 10 am to noon.
- Other possible times as negotiated.
- Reports to the Central Lutheran Church Pastor. Support provided by the Personnel Committee.
- Have a sincere love for young children and an ability to openly and safely communicate that love!
- CPR Infant & Toddler Certification (CLC may be able to assist in getting you trained if you are otherwise qualified)
- Must pass background check prior to starting work.
Hourly rate: $12/hour
Please send letter of interest and/or resume to email@example.com
Central Lutheran Church, Portland, Oregon
1820 NE 21st Avenue (one block north of Broadway)
Central Lutheran Church is a progressive congregation, deeply rooted in the worship traditions of the Christian faith. We are a place of welcome and hospitality for all people. We are passionate about living out Christ’s call to work for peace and justice.
Trusting in God's promises of blessing and hope, we take risks to share our gifts; we respond to joys, fears, and hurts; and we reach out to bring others into this spiritual community.
We are open and affirming, joining hands with our sisters and brothers regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, personal abilities, national origin, or economic status. We celebrate both the diversity of God's family and our unity with the whole people of God across the world.
For more information: www.centralportland.org