Join our team
Central Lutheran Church, Portland, Oregon
1820 NE 21st Avenue (one block north of Broadway)
We are currently accepting applications and letters of interest for our Child Care Provider position.
If you are interested in this position, please send a letter of interest and/or resume to email@example.com.
The Child Care Provider will provide provide a safe, caring and fun environment for young children (age range approximately 0 to 5) in Central’s child care area so that parents/guardians can focus on worship or otherwise be engaged in church activities.
SCOPE OF DUTIES
- Be familiar with and supportive of the congregation’s vision and ministry.
- Provide a safe, caring environment for all children in your care. Supervise children’s activities.
- Arrive 15 minutes before children are expected to arrive.
- Maintain cleanliness and order in child care area. (Includes washing toys, cleaning sinks, counters and other surfaces when spoiled during play. The park is generally maintained by a cleaning service.)
- Openly communicate concerns to Personnel Committee chair or Pastor, as appropriate.
- Use sign-in/sign-out for all children. Obtain parent/guardian signature for all children. Obtain appropriate information regarding food allergies and/or other concerns. Release children only to parent/guardian.
- The Child Care Provider may be invited to work at times other than for Sunday service. Requests should be made at least one week in advance. (ex. Midweek services, additional Easter services, Christmas Eve, etc)
- Sunday morning from 9 am to noon.
- Other times as negotiated.
This is an hourly contracted position, paid at $12 per hour.
Central Lutheran Church is a progressive congregation, deeply rooted in the worship traditions of the Christian faith. We are a place of welcome and hospitality for all people. We are passionate about living out Christ’s call to work for peace and justice.
Trusting in God's promises of blessing and hope, we take risks to share our gifts; we respond to joys, fears, and hurts; and we reach out to bring others into this spiritual community.
We are open and affirming, joining hands with our sisters and brothers regardless of race, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, personal abilities, national origin, or economic status. We celebrate both the diversity of God's family and our unity with the whole people of God across the world.