Fifty faith leaders in Portland, including Pastor Amanda, have already endorsed the ballot initiative called Portland Clean Energy Fund (PCEF). Formerly called P-JET (Portland Just Energy Transition), this measure would fund climate justice projects like solar panels, weatherization and community gardens. It would create green jobs with a particular focus on low-income and minority populations, via a funding mechanism of a 1% surcharge on retail sales of large corporations. PCEF expresses our core Christian values of social justice and Creation care. Stay tuned: in May and June, 43,000 signatures of Portland registered voters will be needed to get PCEF onto the November ballot. While the Central Lutheran congregation has not voted to endorse PCEF, the CLC Council recently voted to support education offerings as well as signature gathering in the CLC building. For more information, click here. Or contact Chris Bekemeier.
- Sponsors Central's annual fall "Season of Creationtide."
- Hosts education opportunities.
- Encourages involvement in public actions and advocacy such as:
- Our participation, along with hundreds of other activists, in opposition to the proposed Pembina Propane Terminal;
- Our participation in the Portland City Council Fossil Fuel Policy hearings (November);
- Our participation in the Dec. 6 Portland Interfaith Pilgrimage for Climate Justice;
- Our participation in the Dec. 12 350PDX Portland March for Climate Justice;
- Works in close partnership with EcoFaith Recovery, supporting and developing leaders and lifting one another up to support faith communities in taking courageous public action for the recovery of human life and the healing of God's creation.
- Organizes opportunities to support a sustainable future for God's gift, the Earth.
Please join us!
For more info contact: email@example.com