Sunday Child Care Attendant
Schedule: 10 am to noon Sunday mornings, occasional additional hours as negotiated.
Pay: Hourly rate: $15.00/hour.
Goal: To provide a safe, caring and fun environment for young children (age range: infants to about 5) in Central’s child care area so that parents/guardians can focus on worship or otherwise be engaged in church activities.
• Provide a safe, caring, and inclusive environment for all children in your care. Supervise children’s activities and engage with them.
• Observe Play Park guidelines. (No shoes, no food or beverage in park.)
• Arrive 15 minutes before children are expected to arrive.
• Maintain cleanliness and order in child care area. (Includes washing toys, cleaning sinks, counters and other surfaces when spoiled during play. The park is cleaned regularly.)
• Openly communicate concerns to Personnel Committee chair or Pastor, as appropriate.
• Use sign-in/sign-out for all children. Obtain parent/guardian signature for all children.
• Obtain appropriate information regarding food allergies and/or other concerns. Release children only to parent/guardian.
• The Child Care Provider may be invited to work at times other than for Sunday service. Requests should be made at least one week in advance. (ex. Midweek services, additional Easter services, Christmas Eve, etc)
Schedule and supervision:
• Sunday morning from 10 am to noon.
• Other possible times as negotiated.
• Reports to the Central Lutheran Church Pastor. Support provided by the Personnel Committee.
• Have a sincere love for young children and an ability to openly and safely communicate that love!
• CPR Infant & Toddler Certification (CLC may be able to assist in getting you trained if you are otherwise qualified)
• Must pass background check prior to starting work.
To Apply: Please send letter of interest and/or resume to firstname.lastname@example.org